INVIFY is a system designed to automatically process incoming invoices, this means that your customers / suppliers can submit invoices electronically from their Windows-based PC. The invoice goes all the way form the sender automatically into your back-end system without any manual intervention from staff or operator. The first invoice printout from each client requires that a template is created. This usually takes only a few minutes to complete. It is also possible to predefine standard templates for different billing systems, these can then be used to quickly apply a template to a new customer. The whole system is built to have minimal manual intervention by an operator, and the proportion of invoices that will be scanned automatically is much higher than competing systems on the market can handle. Also the time spent to administer new invoice templates and litigate any invoices that did not manage to read automatically are considerably lower than that of competing systems.
The Invoice Printer
The invoice printer is a software that is installed on your customer's or supplier's Windows-based PC, and is used to transfer the invoice printouts automatically from there computer to your back-end system. When an invoice is being printed, a so-called silent printing is being performed. This mean that the user does not see the actuall print job beeing done. It will be executed in the background. If the job fails, the customer is notified about this by a message box.
The Interpretation system
Interpretation System is the brain of the system and is in charge of processing all the incoming invoices and pass on processed information to your ERP system. The system can be configured to:
- Being multi-threaded and can read up to 64 parallel invoice files. Average reading time for a bill is about 13 ms * (the time depends on the underlying hardware).
- Manage multiple countries / projects on the same server. Processed data can be outputted as XML, to a database or directly to your ERP system. Each project can be configured to output data to diffrent underlying systems.
- Reading of any number of fields from the invoice, provided that the model is defined to read the desired information.
- Automatically validate data read from the invoice with information from your ERP system
- So-called "must" fields can be set up in an invoice template, that is, what data must be present on an invoice to be processed.
- Reading structured invoice lines and to some extent, unstructured invoice lines (ie lines that do not follow a specific row and column pattern).
- Reading s.c. dynamic invoices, which means that data is not represented in the same position on each bill but is relative to other content. Eg it is not unusual that the net price, VAT and the total amount will be printed immediately after the last invoice line and therefore moves dependent on the number of invoice lines.
- Identify and exclude duplicate invoices.
- Validating the basic data that has been read in is correct. Eg the expected amount is numbers and not text.
- Make a safe query of the data without corrupting the result. Most systems on the market using OCR techniques to read the invoice content. This creates problems such as incorrectly scanned characters, and missed text. By reading the digital information directly from the printout file is no need for a interpretation. The data is simply already there and available to use.
- Using the services of the interpretation templates to process the data from incoming invoice files. By means of interpreting the template is lifted all the data available on the invoice according to set rules and minimize the risk of misinterpreted data.
- Export the scanned invoice information into an XML file or put it directly into a database for further processing.
The Management tool
The management system is an associated graphical management tool used for creating interpretative templates, process failed invoices and general system maintenance. Also customer licenses that give customers the rights to submit invoices is being administered from here. Interpretation Templates are created and edited through a graphical interface to which the relevant invoice appears with a list of predefined fields that can be read. A created invoice template can also be tested to verify that the read information is correct. All processed invoices are stored into the invoice history, this is to be able trace old invoices and to verify how these have been read.
Då den underliggande hårdvaran är direkt avgörande för hastigheten i systemet rekommenderas att minst 1 GB internminne finns tillgängligt för serverapplikationen och processor på minst 2 GHz.
The system is tested and works without problems in a virtual environment.
- Windows server 2003 or newer with .NET Framework 4.0
- Microsoft IIS 7
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or newer